Tuesday 8 March 2011

Daily Blog Tuesday 8th March

I vistited the Manchester Art Gallery this morning to see Anish Kapoors exhibition. I was blown away by the work that was on show. The materials that he had used really tapped into my emotions and I found the experimentation with mirrored surfaces created a sense of wonderment and excitement. Where as his use of clay on Half moon made me feel uneasy and a bit frightened.

Seeing his work has made me inspired to work with mirrored material where I can experiment with colour, I think that the mirrored effect in a certain environment creates such animation and excitement that it could be really interesting for my final project.

Grayson Perry was also showing a few pieces on the second floor and as he is one of my favourite artists I really enjoyed seeing his humourous, honest ceramic vessels and prints.

Also on the second floor is one of my favourite rooms, the Craft and furniture section, which thankfully is permanent. There was an array of objects which used colours, shapes and materials in really interesting ways. I have taken some photos that inspired me....

No comments:

Post a Comment