Wednesday 6 April 2011

Daily Blog, Wednesday 6th April, 2011

I spent the whole day in the workshop, it was so busy, everybody has got the same idea before the easter break.

I started on my second model, which experimented with the curve shape instead of the wave. I changed the  mechanism here as it is a different shape than the wave, it is easier to do as the shape is not complicated, also I started to use spools for the sewing machine as I had learn't from the wave model that it might be better for the rolling item on the tracks to have a hole through the middle so something could be threaded through and they would not fall out when the drawer comes out.

When I was making the model, I was able to get my hands on some bearings, which in the end worked better than the spools because I used a piece of wooden doweling that fit perfectly into the inner circle of the ball bearing that when rolled if this was held tight then the outer ring would roll.

Here are some pictures....







No comments:

Post a Comment