Tuesday 5 April 2011

Daily Blog, Tuesday 5th April 2011

After finishing ny first model of the wave motion, I need to think about what I want to get from this project.  I realised that I could go down a few different paths at this point, but I want to make sure that I am getting the most out of this project and also for longevity, I want to get the most out of it to give me a better understanding and a different perspective on design. I have made lists on advantages and disadvantages of picking between the paths as I feel that by concentrating on just my wave motion and no other mechanism would be a mistake and could limit the potential I have with the rest my ideas for mechanisms and giving objects character. I would like to explore more different ways that the mechanisms could work on different shapes as one will not fit all. I think it will be interesting to explore how else other mechanisms can work on different shapes and therefore what objects this will lead to. I am now going to concentrate on making the best mechanisms for different shapes that interest me and what I think will give character to an object.

Also, I have researched on furniture fitting websites like Hafele and Ikea, and I have found some interesting ideas that I would like to explore... Could I use these mechanisms for other objects that move such as windows, doors, openings etc.

I think where I am finding it hard is knowing how to extend the drawer out of the unit. On straight runners it can be done quite easily but when it is curved or a wave shape it is harder to find a way. But I have been thinking of looking at laying material at the bottom as this material can be manipulated easily by shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment