Thursday 5 May 2011

Daily Blog, Thursday 5th May 2011

I have started on my final pieces for the FMP.  I have chosen the table with the cam mechanism underneath to lift a box/drawer from the surface, which holds an item like sugar/salt and pepper etc that would be needed to be stored. From spending time in the workshops the technician talked about an artist call William Heath Robinson, so I have been doing a bit of research about him and he s really interesting I also came upon an artist similar to Heath Robinson called Rube Goldberg.

A William Heath Robinson cartoon called 'Avoid that sinking feeling' -
 This device 'enables the tourist to cross the most treacherous quick-sands with impunity'.




One really funny cartoon of an alarm clock mechanism by Rube Goldberg...

No comments:

Post a Comment